Rates & Services
Mediation is an informal process whereby the parties in conflict choose an impartial third party to assist facilitation of discussions and negotiations. This impartial party, referred to as a “mediator” or “neutral,” meets with the parties jointly and separately in order to reach a mutually acceptable settlement. The settlement is reduced to a written agreement. Alternatively, arbitration is a more formal process where the parties present their case to a neutral fact finder (arbitrator) who sits as a sort of private judge. He makes evidentiary rulings, rulings of law and issues an award to the prevailing party. The arbitrator’s award, upon application of the prevailing party to the Superior Court, can convert the award into a judgment and thereafter employ the authority of the court to enforce the judgment.
Regardless of the process used, all parties are requested and required to maintain civility and courtesy at all times with all participants.
Mediation and arbitration services provided in the following areas:
- Real Estate Consumer
- Disputes Regarding Insurance Coverage
- Purchase and Sales Agreement Disputes
- Brokerage Commissions Disputes
- Title Insurance
- Eminent Domain Valuation
- Easement/Property Line Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Family Law/Divorce
- Special Education
- General Disputes of a Legal and/or Personal Nature
Services are provided at the rate of:
- $350.00 per hour for matters involving $25,000 or more and those involving equity or custody
- $250.00 per hour for matters involving $25,000 or less
- Half Day Minimum Required with Fees to be Paid in Advance
- No “administrative fee” is charged.